I am lucky enough to have been nominated for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’ by What Jane Read Next . I feel so honoured, especially since I have only been blogging for a few weeks. I really love Jane’s blog as well, which makes it doubly nice.
I am a bit too new to wordpress to be able to nominate 15 blogs for the award, as the rules dictate, but I would like to nominate a few blogs that I really enjoy:
– Blag Blah Blog – written by a grammar nazi (and therefore a girl after my own heart)
– Emeline Morin – Emeline is studying fairytales and fantasy for her PhD
– Cristian Mihai – a writer writing about writing
– Erdilielsfavourites – a quirky blog that is always linking me to beautiful, unusual webpages.
All right, as to seven facts about me…
1. I spent a great deal of my childhood overseas, living in Paris from the ages of seven to thirteen. Yes, it was wonderful, but it was really hard too, learning a new language and culture. Growing up in such a beautiful city has definitely swayed me to love art and culture. My mum has written a book about our experiences, called ‘A Family in Paris’. You can have a look at the book here. See if you can spot me on the cover.
2. I don’t really like talking about it that much, but I am a children’s writer as well. I studying creative writing at Flinders University and have a manuscript sitting on the desk of an editor at Penguin Books. I hope they decide to publish it!
3. As well as a passion for books, my second love is the theatre, particularly musical theatre. I moonlight at my old school as a choreographer and stage manager – this year we are doing ‘Singin’ in the Rain’, which is amazing but challenging.
4. I am currently studying my masters in Arts Management, hoping to get into working behind the scenes for some of the amazing companies that exist in Australia. Earlier this year, I was fortunate enough to intern at the Adelaide Fringe, the second largest Fringe Festival in the world.
5. I am also a massive foodie, with a particularly strong sweet tooth. I am fortunate that my partner Ben is an amazing cook, and makes me delicious and elaborate meals several times a week. My strength in cooking is baking (probably because I like eating it so much!).
6. I am messy, clumsy and manage to stain/break/drop everything that I touch.
7. I love tea, but only herbal tea. I don’t like coffee. I also don’t like fizzy drinks, which some people find weird or unbelievable. I am particularly partial to peppermint and rose hip.